Writing Subject Lines Top Tips
- Avoid any words that will trigger the SPAM filters – just Google ‘spam filter words to avoid’ for the latest lists
- Do not use ALL CAPS to grab attention
- Read, read and re-read again to make sure there are no spelling mistakes or incorrect grammar
- Keep it short – with nearly half of all email read on a mobile, you don’t want your main point to not be seen
- Try and ask a question, it works in a face to face meeting, so why not in an email?
- Attract interest and set the scene for the main body of the email
- Don’t be afraid to test different subject lines – many email marketing platforms will allow you to run a split test and then automatically choose the better performing subject line